Thursday, February 12, 2009

Before and After

scott and I moved into our apartment about six months ago; and we've had my parents hand-me-down couch since then.  You may recognize it because it was probably the same kind that was in your college dorm common area...  It was covered in this ugly floral jacquard:over the last week or so I finally got around to recovering it; I did a so/so job...its kinda puckery:
initially, I wanted to screen print the fabric first, but I don't know how to screen print, and I didn't want to bother my friends to do it. Who knows?-it still might be in this couch's future. Actually, I still have an additional couch, a chair, and a couple of footrests from the same collection sitting in my parent's old house. So, I should probably make covers for them before I start printing. Anyway, as you can see, I am going for a tan/red-orange/black theme centered around my pillows. I want this persian rug that was recently up on ebay to go with:
but by the time i've finished decorating our apartment, I'm sure it will be time to move out

No comments: