Sunday, February 8, 2009

Quilt Trip

because I love textiles, anything handmade, tradition, and laying in bed, I love quilts! When I read about Gee's Bend years ago, I couldn't wait for the day to see the exhibit. It finally came to Philly this past fall, and I lusted after so many of them.

i've been wanting a new quilt for my bed; one that wasn't too feminine now that I share it with Scott. I have one from Urban Outfitters that was nice, but too pink and also chewed up by Finn.



I've been looking at Anthropologie's bedding for a while, too...but it was too, umm, anthropologie.

Once made my own quilt cover for an art show at Vagabond. The theme was Vagabonds, so mine has patches of circus freaks. I never got around to the actual quiltting part, though, so i never use it.
(kookoo the bird girl)
But the moral of this post is really that I wanted to show you my new quilt that I picked up at Matta's booth at the NYGIF. I instantly fell in love with this one-of-a-kind beauty for my bed.

(yes! thats sunshine)

now if only we could remember to make the bed everyday

No comments: