Sunday, July 22, 2007


So I've consistantly gained 10 lbs per year since i've been out of college. I remember it literally being two weeks after I graduated college, I had to model in this hair show and I wanted to wear these pair of jeans, but they were too tight. It happened just like everyone said it would. But 30 llbs on a 5'1" girl is a superlot, as the online BMI calculator will tell me. I am certifiably obese.
Inspite of warnings about the freshman 15, I actually lost about 25 llbs between my freshman and senior year of college, with the help of the weight watchers points program as well as some excersice and late nights in the studio where I burned the midnight oil plus some extra calories. As I mentioned over the last three years, I have managed to gain all of that back and then some. Several months ago, I went back to the points. I lost about 6 llbs in two weeks, but after that, I kinda just stopped going to those annoying meetings. I gained back the six llbs and then some.
I knew I was fat, and despite literally typing "motivation to lose weight" into my google search engine, I could not muster up ANY. But leave it to my girl, Oprah, to reach out to me while I was sitting on the coach drinking a milkshake with a side fries. She said "If you can't find motivation to lose weight, the best thing to do is just start"
So, the next day I decided to try the No Flour, No sugar diet- hey it was better than nothing. I got the idea from my neighbor, who had tremendous success with it. I haven't read the book, but just try to stay away from anything that might even have flour in it, and anything that has added sugar. Then I set weekly goals. The first week, I just had to stick by the basic principle....but I was eating lots of french fries (my vice) to replace the bread products I was missing. But last week, I gave up french fries. Next week, I am going to start excersing on mondays, wedsdays and fridays.
So far I have lost 6 llbs and I still feel motivated. I will check in with my weekly goals and maybe some before and after pictures. Who knows, I may stick with this one and actually reach my goal weight of 125 llbs, but honestly, I would be really happy at 135.
Peace
b

No comments: