Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Not Preggars




I've been really into the trapeze silhouette for a while now.....but my brother and my boyfriend, Skottles, have been advising against me wearing these "mumus" ever since i've been wearing them. Whatever- I don't know about ya'll, but I dress to impress women, not men. And neither my brother nor Skottles are necessarily the arbiters of fashion...
But it looks like they were right about this one.
Skottles and I were in the hospital today, where my mom and his dad both work. We were on the elevator, leaving, riding along with some nice middle aged lady.
"Oh!!!! are you expecting?" She exlaims
"No" I repsonded deadpan.
Sadly enough, this wasn't the first time someone thought I was pregnant. And I could just feel Skottle's "I told you so" grin trying not to burst out into laughter. At the time, I felt worse for the nice lady who was sticking her own foot further and further into her mouth than I did about my fat self
"But!? You're wearing that shirt! And you're in the hositpal!" The elevator door opened just in the nick of time and she ran off as fast as she could.
Its okay lady. I am still in denial. I know I need to lose 35-40 llbs. And I know I can't wear what Kate Moss wears and keep thinking I look just like her. I know this should be my wake-up call. But I don't KNOW know; you know?
Anyway, I gotta go put my stretch pants on and make some cupcakes
Have a great day and take a little time to enjoy the poo

No comments: