Monday, January 12, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire


Obviously, I agree with all of the critics and love love love Slumdog Millionaire! Not only was I happy to have not fallen asleep in the theatre for once, but I've actually seen it twice. As I went to find a picture for this post, I was thinking about how beautiful Latika's yellow scarf is in the film. In fact, her character wears the color throughout the film-what does it symbolize? I shouldn't have been surprised to find a photo of Frida Pinto in a yellow gown at the Golden Globes; she is so stunning!



update: Regarding the "one of a kind" scarf she wears, "designer Suttirat Anne Larlarb" says, "I wanted to bookend the journey--to tie her childhood yellow dress to her final look." as quoted in entertainment weekly by wikipedia of course

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She does wear yellow throughout the film. Literally, she's the "bright spot" in the main character's dismal life. She's also the "light at the end of the tunnel" for him. Yellow symbolizes that light, and hope, it's the color of sunshine and warmth.

I would love to buy that scarf - any idea if it's for sale?

Anonymous said...

Are you still looking for that beautiful scarf? If so, you can find something very similar on our site: www.MyYellowScarf.com, they are absolutely stunning!

Alisson said...

Ok I bought Slum Dog millionaire scarf at Peachcouture.com They have limited stock Hurry Girls...its almost like limited edition.

You can buy this scarf at:

http://www.peachcouture.com/pashmina_celebritystyle.html

Anonymous said...

I bought the slum dog millionaire scarf from peachcouture.com at a very reasonable price and they ship it from USA.

http://www.peachcouture.com/pashmina_celebritystyle.html